Official Patch Notes for Priests – Patch 3.1
PATCH 3.1 IS GOING LIVE TODAY!!!
Here are the official patch notes for Priests. Enjoy! (You can check out the full list of changes here, courtesy of WoW Insider.)
- Abolish Disease: Now cleanses a disease every 3 seconds, down from 5. Duration reduced from 20 seconds down to 12 seconds.
- Devouring Plague: This spell now has a new icon.
- Divine Hymn redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, summoning the power of the Divine to assist you in your time of need. Heals 3 nearby lowest-health friendly party or raid targets for 4960-5208 every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 seconds. Maximum of 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5.
- Divine Spirit is now trainable at level 31.
- Holy Nova: Mana cost reduced approximately 20%.
- Improved Holy Concentration removed.
- Hymn of Hope redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, restoring hope to those in despair. Restores 3% mana to 3 nearby low mana friendly party or raid targets every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and temporarily increases their total maximum mana by 20% for 8 seconds. After the effect expires, the mana is lost. Maximum of 12 mana restorations. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5.
- Mental Agility, Inner Focus, Shadow Reach, Shadow Focus and Shadow Affinity now all affect Psychic Horror.
- Prayer of Healing: This spell now heals the target’s party, rather than being limited to just your direct party.
- Shadowfiend: Health scaling increased. Now receives 30% of the master’s spell power. Mana return increased to 5%, up from 4%. The Shadowfiend now returns mana when its melee attacks land, rather than when it deals damage. No longer has a 75% reduced chance to be hit by melee, ranged and spells. Movement speed normalized to player movement speed. Tooltip revised. New Shadowfiend ability, Shadowcrawl, teleports the Shadowfiend to an enemy target and increases its damage done by 15% for 5 seconds.
- Divine Aegis: Divine Aegis effects will now stack, however the amount absorbed cannot exceed 125level (of the target). It will also now take into account total healing including overhealing.
- Improved Divine Spirit: This talent has been removed.
- New Talent: Improved Flash Heal: Reduces the mana cost of your Flash Heal by 5/10/15%, and increases the critical effect chance of your Flash Heal by 4/7/10% on friendly targets at or below 50% health.
- Grace: This talent no longer decreases damage done to the target, but the duration has increased to 15 seconds and the healing bonus has increased from 2% to 3%. This affect now cannot be applied to more than one target at a time.
- Improved Power Word: Fortitude: Now also increases your total stamina by 2/4%.
- Meditation and Improved Power: Word shield have changed locations with each other.
- Meditation: Now grants 17/33/50% of mana regeneration while casting.
- Mental Agility: Reduced to 3 points (4/7/10%), down from 5.
- New Talent: Soul Warding: Reduces the cooldown of your Power Word: Shield ability by 4 seconds, and reduces the mana cost of your Power Word: Shield by 30%.
- Penance: Damage increased approximately 30%.This spell can now be cast on yourself.
- Power Infusion: This effect now has a new spell effect.
- Renewed Hope: This talent also now allows you to proc the Renewed Hope buff on all party/raid members every time you cast Power Word: Shield, reducing damage taken by 3%. Lasts 20 seconds.
- Unbreakable Will:Increased from 3/6/9/12/15% to 6/12/18/24/30%.
- New Talent: Body and Soul: 2-point talent. When you cast Power Word: Shield, you increase the target’s movement speed by 30/60% for 4 seconds, and you have a 50/100% chance when you cast Abolish Disease on yourself to also cleanse 1 poison effect in addition to diseases.
- Circle of Healing: Healing increased by approximately 40%.
- Holy Concentration redesigned: Mana regeneration is increased by 16/32/50% for 8 seconds after you critically heal with Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal or Renew.
- New Talent: Empowered Renew: Your Renew spell gains an additional 5/10/15% of your bonus healing effects, and your Renew will instantly heal the target for 5/10/15% of the total periodic effect.
- Serendipity redesigned: When you heal with Binding Heal or Flash Heal, the cast time of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing spell is reduced by 4/8/12%. Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts 20 seconds.
- Test of Faith: No longer increases critical effect chance of your heals, but healing done on targets lower than 50% health is increased from 2/4/6% to 4/8/12%.
- Blackout: This talent has been removed.
- Darkness: This talent is now in tier-1, moved up from tier-6.
- Dispersion: Now clears all snare and movement-impairing effects and makes you immune to them while dispersed.
- New Talent: Improved Devouring Plague: Increases the periodic damage done by your Devouring Plague by 5/10/15%, and when you cast Devouring Plague you instantly deal damage equal to 5/10/15% of its total periodic effect.
- Mind Melt: Now also increases the periodic critical strike chance of your Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch spells by 3/6%.
- Psychic Horror: Has been redesigned and is now a 1-point talent. You terrify the target, causing them to tremble in horror for 3 seconds and drop all weapons (disarm effect: including bows) for 10 seconds. 2 minute cooldown. Instant cast. The horror effect can be dispelled, but the disarm cannot.
- Improved Spirit Tap: Now grants 17/33% of mana regeneration while casting.
- Shadow Affinity: Now also causes you to receive 5/10/15% of your base mana when your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch spells are dispelled.
- Shadowform: Now reduces all damage taken by 15%, not just physical damage. Bonus damage from critical strike chance removed and replaced by the ability of those periodic damage spells to generate critical strikes.
- Silence: Range increased to 30 yards.
- Spirit Tap: Now grants 83% of mana regeneration while casting.
- Vampiric Embrace duration increased to 5 minutes, up from 1 minute. PvP duration is now 60 seconds. Cooldown removed.
- Vampiric Touch: When dispelled, Vampiric Touch will deal damage to the afflicted target.
Priest Glyphs –
- Glyph of Dispersion: Reduces the cooldown on Dispersion by 45 seconds.
- Glyph of Fade: Now reduces cooldown by 9 seconds.
- Glyph of Fear Ward: Now reduces duration and cooldown by 1 minute.
- Glyph of Guardian Spirit: If your Guardian Spirit lasts its entire duration without being triggered, your Guardian Spirit cooldown is reset to 60 seconds.
- Glyph of Hymn of Hope: Now increases the duration of Hymn of Hope.
- Glyph of Inner Fire: Increases bonus armor by 50%.
- Glyph of Mind Control: Increases duration by 30 seconds.
- Glyph of Mind Sear: Increases the radius of effect on Mind Sear by 5 yards.
- Glyph of Pain Suppression: Allows Pain Suppression to be cast while stunned.
- Glyph of Penance: Reduces the cooldown of Penance by 2 seconds.
- Glyph of Psychic Scream: Increases duration by 2 seconds, but increases cooldown by 8 seconds.